Sunday, April 19, 2009

How do I shrink handmade wool slippers?

I was given beautiful handmade slippers for X-Mas and when I got them, I had on really thick socks so I thought they fit just right. Now unless I am wearing those socks, they are to big. How can I safely shrink them down?

How do I shrink handmade wool slippers?
You can put them in a WARM wash and then check the size if still big you a little heat. If just right use air dry. Use liquid fabric softener and they won%26#039;t fray
Reply:Oh dearame, you could always try and put them in the washing machine on a hot wash - that should do the trick but you may find that the wool gets all matted and then will feel strange. Alteratively and I think probably safer is to buy some more socks like the ones you´ve mentioned and just wear those slippers when you have the right socks on. I always change my socks when I put my slippers on anyway cos I like to have thick socks on with my slippers and I wear thin socks for work as thick ones won´t fit in my boots. So I think perhaps that you should do the same.



treatment

No comments:

Post a Comment